Clause 8: Handling of Samples
1. The contractor undertakes to record all samples he has drawn
and, if not forwarded in accordance with the customer's instructions,
to store them (or have them stored) in appropriate places to be
determined by the contractor.
2. If the customer prescribes other storage places than those the
contractor made available, the storage of the samples shall be for
the customer's account and risk.
3. The storage of samples that in the contractor's opinion and/or
under Government regulations require separate storage, shall be
for the customer's account and risk; moreover, the contractor shall
be free to refuse the storage of such samples.
4. The samples shall be stored during a period of time agreed with
the customer or during a period prescribed in the (standard) commercial
contract applicable to such goods. In the absence of a specific
storage period, the applicable storage period shall be considered
to be 3 months.
5. On expiry of the applicable storage period, such samples shall
be destroyed, unless the customer has given other instructions prior
to the expiry of the applicable storage period. The storage of samples
exceeding the duration of the applicable storage period shall be
for the customer's account and risk.
6. The cost of (official) destruction of samples that are to be
considered hazardous or otherwise dangerous, as well as of such
samples as are under customs supervision, shall be for the customer's
account on the basis of disbursements.